teaser tuesday (87)

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 |
It's Teaser Tuesday, a bookish blog meme hosted every week by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here's how it works:

Grab your current read and let it fall open to a random page (or if you're reading on an electronic device, pick a random number and scroll to that section). Post two or more sentences from that page, along with the book title and author. Share your find with others in the comments at Should Be Reading, and don't give anything vital away!

“‘I’ve got a lot of skills,’ I said.  ‘Of course, some of them aren’t that useful in real life—like dragon taming.  Some of them are illegal—like knife throwing.  I think that’s illegal.’

‘I think it probably is.’”

p. 22 of Frank Cottrell Boyce’s Cosmic

11 comments:

Unknown said...

BWAHAHA My son would LOVE this book, I may be checking it out for him next time we head to the library!

I am reading a really good YA book this week!
HERE IS MY TEASER
(ღ˘◡˘ღ) Teaser Tuesday LOVE from Alaska!

BLHmistress said...

LOL, yea I believe knife throwing is illegal, great teaser.

My TT

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

I'd be very disappointed if knife throwing was illegal. Dragon taming now that is a skill I wish I had

Irish said...

lol - fun teaser. Sounds like this MC would get along great with Nick from Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan

Here is my teaser.

TheBookSlayer said...

Haha! Great tease. This book sounds wicked funny.

Here's my TT If you'd like to check them out :)

fredamans said...

LMAO Sounds very funny indeed!

Anonymous said...

Funny and great teaser.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday_24.html

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ha. I like it. Sets the scene and tone and it's fun.

Liviania said...

I think knife throwing is legal as long as you aren't trying to kill or injure someone. I've done it at fairs several times, anyway.

Ginny Larsen said...

niiiiiiiiiiiiice. sounds like something that the boys might like? eh, who knows :D cool teaser regardless!

carol said...

Sounds cute!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home