waiting on wednesday (72)

Today I’m participating in "Waiting On" Wednesday, a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Its purpose is to spotlight upcoming book releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

I'm trying, contemporary young adult (romance), I really am.  I want to start liking you as a genre again, so I'm going to read more of you in 2014.  I started off with Jennifer E. Smith's This Is What Happy Looks Like.  It didn't wow me, but I'll give the author another shot.  There's good news, though!  There's (at least) one contemporary YA book I'm unequivocally excited for this year: Claire LaZebnik’s The Last Best Kiss.  LaZebnik writes young adult retellings of Austen books, and I loved Epic Fail, her take on Pride and Prejudice.  The Last Best Kiss is based on Persuasion, which is one of my favorite books ever.  I. CAN'T. WAIT.  It will be released by HarperTeen on April 22, 2014.

the last best kiss by claire lazebnik book cover
Anna Eliot is tired of worrying about what other people think. After all, that was how she lost the only guy she ever really liked, Finn Westbrook.

Now, three years after she broke his heart, the one who got away is back in her life.

All Anna wants is a chance to relive their last kiss again (and again and again). But Finn obviously hasn’t forgotten how she treated him, and he’s made it clear he has no interest in having anything to do with her.

Anna keeps trying to persuade herself that she doesn’t care about Finn either, but even though they’ve both changed since they first met, deep down she knows he’s the guy for her. Now if only she can get him to believe that, too....

With her signature wit and expertly authentic teen voice, Claire LaZebnik (the author of fan favorites Epic Fail and The Trouble with Flirting) once again breathes new life into a perennially popular love story. Fans of Polly Shulman, Maureen Johnson, and, of course, Jane Austen will love this irresistibly funny and romantic tale of first loves and second chances.

What books are you waiting on?

7 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds mega cute.

Liviania said...

Definitely looking forward to this - Persuasion is the best!

Unknown said...

This one look like a lot of fun. Hope you can stop by mine.

Brandy said...

Oh I can't wait for this one either!!! (I actually have a galley of it, but so many others to review before it. Sob.) I really liked Epic Fail, but I liked The Trouble with Flirting (her Mansfield Park redo) even more. My 11th-12th grade class is reading Persuasion right now and I'm so ready to dive into this.

Lizzy said...

This sounds cute, but young adult contemporary romances have burned me before haha. I have to rely on the good reviews of others before I can commit. Great pick :)

Anonymous said...

Great pick! Sounds like a sweet story. My WOW post is here if you want to stop by.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a really interesting book, I love book's of this type. Great review. Thanks for sharing. A wonderful blog you have here.Good Books To Read

Newer Posts Older Posts Home